Sunday, 9 May 2010

Mothers Day Classic

Earlier in the year I decided to set a few goals for myself and one of them was the 8km fun run in the Mother's Day Classic.

I had been running about 5km's on average on the treadmill and only managed to do two 8km runs, but I was still hoping to run in a relatively good time.

A week before the run, I got the Chicken Pox so I couldn't do any more preparation for the run, so fingers crossed.

On the day, I was feeling less itchy and less spotty and was really looking forward to the run and doing it in a good time.

The run went relatively well, luckily I ended up running with another girl who ran at the same pace as me, because otherwise I don't think I would have made it. Being sick and not training and also with my dodgy ankle was making my life hell.

I did however manage to finish the run and was pleasantly surprised that I managed to do it in under 1 hour which was my goal.

I don't think I will do another 8km run as my ankle was just not coming to the party and due to my ice skating injury doesn't work the same any more. I have however signed up for a more manageable 5km run in July which I am hoping to do in around 30 - 35 minutes.

I really want to thank everyone below and was stoked to have raised $140.00 to help breast cancer research. Thanks heaps guys xoxo

Raised so far: $140.00


No comments: