Saturday, 27 March 2010

Trip to New Zealand - Part 1 - Tauranga

TAURANGA
27 March - 30 March 2010


The time had finally come for my long awaited trip to New Zealand. I hadn't been to New Zealand for over two years and was very excited. I arrived at Auckland airport at 1am - after having to wait an extra 20 minutes for late (foreign) passengers - leave without them I say! I can say that because I haven't been late for a flight ... yet! The wonderful Debra picked me up and we drove back to Tauranga to have some sleep before the wedding at 2pm that day. All dressed up in our glad rags we headed off to Kauri Grove for Hayley and Niki's wedding. The weather was perfect, the garden beautiful and the Bride amazing. The ceremony was lovely and I pocketed away a few ideas for WHEN I have my own wedding. After the ceremony it was back to Debra's for a few drinks and dress adjustments and then off to the reception at the Tauranga Rowing Club. The rest of the night was spent drinking and dancing on the dance floor including a conga line, macarina and the limbo.
Hayley and Niki it was a fantastic wedding and I had heaps of fun, well worth the trip over the ditch to come. Hope you have a fabulous honeymoon and look forward to seeing the professional photos. xoxox
Sunday we headed to Bayfair to do some shopping before heading over to Sarah's leaving bbq and leftover wedding food. The rest of my trip in Tauranga was spent catching up with old friends and eating lots of food.

No comments: