Monday, 13 March 2006

The weekend

Sorry haven’t written an update in a while work is so busy at the moment, but have taken a few minutes out to write my update.

Friday at work was a total write off, one of the other girls at work (there are only six of us) got engaged as well, so she spent all Friday so hypo she managed to distract us all and I found gummy bears strategically placed around my room. I managed to get the most urgent things done and then as soon as five rolled around had a drink in my hand for Friday night drinks. After drinks at work Kevin and Tobi came around and we kept drinking. At about 3.00am I got to bed only to wake up at 7.00am as I had to clean my room, as Nicky was coming to stay for a night before going to Yamba, pack my gear and then head to the hairdressers at 10am. I got a cut, shampoo, blow dry and straighten all for $45.00 and had nice straight hair for the engagement party. I love having straight hair as it’s easy to manage but the pain that you go through!

At 1.20 Orlena came to pick me up and we started on our merry way to the Sunshine Coast after two and a half hours we made it up there (am sure Orlena was glad after me chewing her ear off the hole ride). I also got a free drink, from a Maori lady at a café because didn’t have enough for both drinks I wanted and had my NZ t-shirt on, 1 for the kiwi!! Our boss had paid for our accommodation and we proceeded to go and check it out with our bottles of booze. The room was really nice it was a motel with a mini bar and shampoo and stuff. It was really nice.

http://www.ozhorizons.com.au/qld/sc/sebel/sebel.htm

At 6.30 we were all dressed up and ready to go, I wore a dress I didn’t take any pictures but will see what I can get from Sian. The party was good, most of the girls were wearing dresses and the food and cake was fantastic. At about 10.30 the other girls wanted to go so Laura, her boyfriend Adam, and myself took Adams car into town and went back to the motel to wait for the other girls who were getting a taxi. They turned up 40 minutes later and decided to nana out, they were the ones who wanted to leave!! We didn’t let this damper our sprits and endeavored to find a place to dance, we found this little club and had a drink and asked around for somewhere to go. Struck up a conversation with some guy for New Zealand (a lady at work reckons I can sniff them out) and were told they was this nice little club down the road. We went down there and it was really cool, Laura and me danced like no one was watching and had a really good night until that was I realised that Laura had been gone for a while, I did the walk around the club but couldn’t find her and decided to keep dancing I then thought, hmmmm where had she gone I had no money, no phone and no key to the room. I then thought oh she had gone (later found out that she got kicked out by the bouncer for being too intoxicated) and proceeded to find my way back to the motel. Lucky I am a smart cookie and I managed to find it alright. I then realised that I couldn’t get in without the key I managed to call reception but they told me to call my room, I then tried but couldn’t work it out, so I decided hmm, that security gate doesn’t look that high (it was about 2 meters, I was in heels and there were fountains). I decided I couldn’t scale the fence but the pillar I could climb onto and then lower myself down and that I did. It would have been funny thought this drunken chick in dress and high heels scaling so fence, also good security!!

I then proceeded to the room and saw that the balcony doors were open, I didn’t even think to knock on the door but decided that I should scale another wall (only about 1.5 metres this time). I couldn’t get my legs over so ended up got hand first onto the ground, I managed to be so quiet didn’t wake the person sleeping in the lounge room. I then went into the room and told Orlena all about my experiences got changed and then tried to go to sleep. You don’t realize how much you have drunk until you lie down and the room is spinning, after a quick visit to the toilet I managed to squash in another 5 hours sleeps, which brought my total for the weekend to around 10 and woke up on Sunday morning bright as ever but bruises to complement my adventure. After a nice soak in the bath, ahhhh haven’t had one of them in a while, we headed back to the gold coast with me trying to sleep on the way.

Had a really good weekend and hope next is just as good, if anything, a little less eventful.

Stay turned will post a home and away update shortly, its getting really good.

Toni

No comments: