Saturday, 21 June 2008

Horseriding in Wales

I saw an advert for horse riding in Wales in the TNT magazine. At the time I thought it was a bit expensive and thought if I could afford it, would do it later in the year.

During the week my flatmates were being grizzly so I thought I would just have another look at the site, bonus, they were offering it for 90 pounds off, score! so I booked it and packed all my gear to take to work on Friday.

On Friday night I tubed it to Eailing Common and was was picked up by Tony the owner/operator of the business. I was joined by Cath & Craig and Clayton & Heidi where we piled into the van and headed off to Wales.

After 4.5 hours we were in Wales at a small village near Brecon Beacons National Park. Usually there are 16 people but this weekend was a bit quiet and they were only the five of us and two other ladies from somewhere in England.

On Saturday morning we woke up to not so good weather unfortunately, but had a fab cooked breakfast before heading to the horseriding. I got a horse called Reece who loved being up front and was relatively good. Unfortunately, this was another follow the leader, can't talk to anyone, sit on the back of a horse for five horses horse trek, but I was luckily enough to be able to go for a canter, although my stirrup came out as Reece was so excited so was holding on for dear life more than enjoyment.

After the horse ride we headed back to the house for a nice soak in the hot tub. We were all very sore and that really was the best medicine. On Saturday night we had some drinks and some drinking Jenga but we were all exhausted from battling the elements and the horses so headed to bed around 1am.



On Sunday morning we had a nice sleep in and another cooked breakfast this time with pancakes, we had a quick look around the village (which took all of about 10 minutes) and then headed back to London, somewhat uncomfortably as we were all sore from yesterday.

It was a nice relaxing weekend away and the pain went away... eventually.
Check out more picures in the gallery.

No comments: