Tuesday, 9 September 2008

8 September 2008 to 9 September 2008

Paris, France to Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland
8 September 2008
ONE OF MY FAVOURITE DAYS

Today was one of the longest (well that is what they told us) driving days on our tour. We passed from France into Switzerland. Switzerland's defences are amazing. All able-bodied Swiss males aged between 19 and 31 must serve, they have bombs at the entrances and tank stoppers . Is such a beautiful place I would defiantly go back again and would recommend it to anyone.


Once we arrived in Lauterbrunnen we were in 4 dorm cabins. In Switzerland we had our own Topdeck chef where we got decent food . . . a novelty on our trip.


9 September 2008

My favourite day of the tour. This morning I woke up bright and early to go skydiving out of a helicopter! The weather today was perfect, after getting all geared up I partnered with Chris and we headed up in the helicopter. The helicopter ride was a novelty in itself Switzerland is amazing and is defiantly somewhere I plan to go back too. When it was time to go I got strapped into my instructor and he leaned me out over the helicopter, one of the most scariest moments of my life the rest from there was easy sailing. After I stopped screaming and took in the scenery it was an amazing ride down! I have a dvd and a photo disc which are a really nice memory of the event.


After jumping out of the helicopter we headed up Jungfraujoch - Jungfraujoch at 3,454 metres is the highest railway station in Europe. The train took two hours to get up there. Once up there we walked through the ice palace and I got hauled into playing a stupid game where if you said "mine" you had to do 10 press ups. Guess who had to do 10 press ups on the ice!


We then went outside and looked at the amazing scenery, this holiday really had all weather conditions. I got to go toboggan riding and play in the snow.

After our adventure at the Top of Europe we headed down the hill and decided to head up another hill behind a waterfall where we drank the water which tasted amazing.

No comments: