Wednesday, 4 January 2006


After finally finishing work at 3pm on 23 December 2006 (we were supposed to finish at 12pm but had to schmooze with clients. I headed off home for a few days of rest, relaxation and Christmas before the guests arrived.

My first text message on Christmas morning was at 4.30 (cheers Alie), followed by Tania at 5.30 and then my mother. Now I don’t mind text message but 4.30 on Christmas morning. I had been so excited about Christmas that I had finally gotten to sleep at 12!

This Christmas was more exciting than other Christmas’ because for the first year since I have been a grown up. I didn’t know what my presents were going to be. My mum called and I ran in to wake Debra up and went through the process of opening gifts. I got heaps of cool things and most events got documented on the camera to show my family. Thanks to everyone who sent us presents and christmas cards. It made Christmas more bearable being away from home. After opening presents was over we got ready to go and have Christmas lunch.

Thinking lunch began at 11am we bowled down to Surfers RSL and went it to find out two disappointing things: 1. It actually started around 11.30 – 11.45 2. They didn’t have daiquiris. We decided to go and see Santa at the beach and hang around until it was time.

The food was really good but not that organised. It was a smorgasbord with crabs, mussels, salads, meats, etc. But that thing was there were about 100 people and only one place to get the meal therefore, if you weren’t lucky like us, and got up early you had to wait in line for about 30 minutes just to get your meal and the bar was understaffed so you had to wait about 15 minutes to get a drink. As I said fortunately for us we were quite close to the table and got in early but when dessert came around had to wait in the line to later find out for dessert you had to wait in a different line and that when people were getting tired of waiting and had finished there drink our table looked like a good place to dump empty glasses. So overall the food was pretty good and Debra polished off some Pavalova we didn’t eat as much as we would have liked because the line was to long and when we went down to the beach it was overcast and got advised to leave due to a storm that was on the way!

Anyways, still had a pretty good Christmas but still think home is the place to be especially when my sister sent me pictures of the food they had. It looked better than anything I could have had. Mum’s gravy is the best!
This is Katie and Me having a chat on Christmas day.

No comments: