Monday, 19 May 2008

The Tube

Today I started my new job for two weeks in Oxford Street. I had logged onto TFL to suss out my route to work. Walk, bus, tube, walk – good. It was similar to my last way to work just a few more tube stops and I started at 9am rather than 9.30am. So I thought I could manage it in one hour. So the jumped on the bus and headed to the tube station and went inside to catch my tube. As I have mentioned before generally the tubes are jam packed in the morning and as 2 people go out 10 squidge themselves in. But at 8.30am, 1 person goes out and 20 people try and squeeze in, as tube after tube goes past (I think five in total) I decided that was enough, I had to bite the bullet and be one of “those” people who jam packed myself into one of them. Lucky I had lost a bit of weight lately, cause even breathing in was a

tight squeeze to get the doors closed! Phew I managed it and we are on our way and I can breathe out again. What I didn’t think about in advance is the doors opening. Ohhhhhhhh, a smack on the funny bone is a good reminder to also breathe in again when the doors are being opened at the next stop!! So in the afternoon I decided to take the bus, a bit longer but at least I get a seat, although I was at the back of the bus with some “youths” who were yelling out to some other “youths” that they were going to shank them!!

Gotta love London.

TTFN
Toni

No comments: