Tuesday, 1 November 2005

Detox Day Three - Tuesday

I still have my everlasting headache, it is one of the side effects of the detox, but I hope it goes away soon.

I had a pretty crappy day today actually. As everyone will know it was Melbourne Cup day yesterday, which is quite a big thing here, bigger than in New Zealand, and as everyone in the whole stupid country was getting ready to go and watch the race somewhere. Guess who wasn't allowed to go? Me. It was so stupid "apparently" I had to stay back and look after the phones in case someone rung during the race... whatever!!! What damm Aussie is going to ring during the race. We don't even get many calls and the main phones were on divert anyway!!! I am so mad and then became increasingly homesick. But I am over that now, looking for a new job and ended up winning 12.80 on the races. I bet on the horse that came third. It was a kiwi horse so in NZ is was only paying 1.90 but here it payed 6.40. So I was pleased as I am a bit poor until pay day on Friday.

I had already agreed to play netball for work yesterday, before the incident, and reluctantly went down to the court at 8.00 to play. It turned out all right. We ended up winning 30 - 17. The first time my team had one and the game flowed really well. They say you are not to do to much vigorous exercise when you are on detox and I sure felt quite weak after I finished. They also say you should drink two litres of water a day. I was reminded twice in the middle of the night, that I was in fact drinking that much damm water.

No comments: